The course consists of 4 sessions. Every session contains 2 hours of theory and practical hands on instruction. In most cases it is best to divide these sessions over a few weeks, this way you can practice with your new ‘homework’. During the sessions we do checkups with the horse. These checkups consist of making sure:
- You are both calm
- Your horse reacts to requests
- Your horse is okay standing next to the trailer
- Your horse can walk on the ramp
- Your horse can be and stay in the trailer fully confident
- Your horse feels safe with a closed bar and later on door
- You both can unload in a controlled manner
When all these checkups go smoothly and quickly it is also posible to go to travel to a different location during the course to test your new skills.
*Having taken part of either an introduction lesson at Eager Eagers, a NH Experience or the Horseman’s Manual (live of online) is a prerequisite to starting this course. Have you not completed any of these prerequisites, enroll the Horseman’s Manual or an introduction lesson now.